Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Introducing... SOLIDS!

Since Kharisma has hit the six month mark it's that time. Solids. I've been excited about it for a long time, I don't know why, I guess I'm just wierd like that, but I've been planning it for quite some time. Probably before she was even born. Well, after a few weeks of it here are my thoughts: I'll keep nursing until she can feed and clean-up herself.

No, I'm kidding. But seriously, that's how I feel. I've nursed her exclusively so I haven't even had to deal with washing bottles but now... well, just look at the picture. Peas everywhere. I've gone through more kitchen rags then ever before. I'm not really complaining, it is fun to watch her at this stage but it's a lot more work.

I can't even tell how much she likes the food. She's had baby rice cereal, avacado, and peas. I'm making her food so next it will be green beans and carrots.

She's very independent and just wants to do it herself so that adds to the mess. Also, her recent discovery of blowing "raspberries" doesn't seem to help either. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks she'll catch on to the whole eating thing but for now I'll continue cleaning the entire kitchen after every meal. (Okay, not the entire kitchen gets messy.)











On a whole new subject...

First Christmas! Kharisma sat on Santa Clause's lap the other day, he visited our ward Christmas party. She sure eyed that beard of his, I'm sure it looked tasty to her. She didn't really react too much... right now she'll still go to strangers, we'll see what next year brings.


MERRY CHRISTMAS KHARISMA!

3 comments:

  1. love her. She is by far the cutest baby I've ever seen. Even with peas all over her face she is more beautiful than anything. Congrats on reaching this exciting stage... and also on having a perfect child. Oh look at me, going on like a mother. HA! Anyway, can't wait for you guys to come down again. Only a week now, right? Hooray!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I love her, not just love her. Anyway, you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a doll! It is a fun stage...but it is better when they can feed themselves.

    ReplyDelete