Friday, December 4, 2009

Our LOVE Story

In the beginning....


}Let's go back in time{
Year: 2005

Month: August

Place: Utah State University

I, fresh out of high school.

Ben, fresh out of the military.

Did I ever imagine I'd marry a soldier boy? Heck no.
Did Ben ever imagine he'd marry someone so ridiculously cool? I think not.

So, how did it all go down? Well, keep on reading.
Ben and I both lived in the same apartment building at USU but we really didn't see each other those first few weeks of school. His roommate/best friend however was in one of my classes and we sat next to each other and shared fruit snacks. I eventually started following him home after class... partly to hang out with the guys, partly to get food out of them i.e. quesadillas, Totinos Pizza.

This is what Ben looked like when I first met him:
Homeless Man
He grew this because his plan was to not get married until after Vet school, which would have been 8 years, so the beard was to deter the ladies. Ironically, that's what attracted me to him. I saw him and thought to myself... "Hmm... what an interesting fellow, I should get to know him."
He found out I like-liked him...
Ben had been sort of dating a girl he met at USU but things didn't work out and she broke up with him. When I found out, Ben was in Las Vegas with a few of his friends. I thought he was so distraught about the break up that he ran off to Vegas to gamble his money and drink his sorrows away. However, I later found out that there was a car show down there and the trip and been planned for quite some time. Before I found out though, I was talking to his roommate and told him that I was worried about Ben. His friend of course told Ben this and that translated to "she so wants me"

First kiss: October 24th
(I usually don't remember these kinds of things but Ben did because he then asked my dad if he could marry me December 24th)
First Date: (yes, it came after the first kiss)
We went to the Olive Garden and then ice skating
The Proposal
January 1, 2006
That night we went to Ben's apartment where he had prepared a beautiful candle light dinner. After we ate he said he had a book for me. It was called "100 Reasons Why I Love You"... cheesy, but cute. He read it to me and then shrugged his shoulders and said
"Well, do you want to watch a movie?" Being a bit confused I replied,
"Uh, I guess."
He started walking out of the room then stopped,
"Oh, I forgot something. Look at the back page of the book."
Smiling, I turned to the back and there, in a hole carved in the cardboard cover was a ring.
He was a bit disappointed that I didn't cry... it wasn't a surprise, I knew it was coming.
After a six month engagement we were married in the Logan, Utah LDS Temple on
June 3, 2006


Aaawwww....
now you know

1 comment:

  1. First comment! -- A superb blog, glad you jumped on the band wagon :)

    ReplyDelete