We worked our little guts out on this house. Most of the work inside was done while I was pregnant so I was doing everything I was told not to i.e. climbing ladders, painting, tiling, tearing up carpet... just days before delivering I was still up on a ladder painting. But we got it done. Just when we had it exactly the way we wanted it... we sold it.
We loved our house but from day one we knew we wouldn't be there forever. It was a great opportunity and we learned a lot. I could probably host my own home improvment show now. If I had endless money and time I'd love to spend my life fixing up old houses. After our experience with this house though I've told Ben that the next house we buy will be new... too much stress is involved trying to live in a house and remodel it at the same time... and have a baby.
So for the first three years it was just Ben--going to school at USU, Me--working full time and going to school full time (most of the time), and the Devil's spawn. I mean, our cat.
Ping-Pong-- Ben so kindly adopted from the vet clinic he was working at. Don't be fooled, this picture of her may seem cute and adorable but she truly is some sort of devil cat. She's not so cute anymore and loves to hide under my bed when I'm folding clothes and attack my toes.


Kelli I'm glad to see that you have a blog now!!!:)
ReplyDeleteUmmm.... if you ever have the remodeling bug you can come to my house :)
ReplyDelete