Saturday, September 22, 2012

Summer Segment 1

Aaaah! I'm so behind in my summer happenings. And a lot has happened! One of the best things was running the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage.
12 girls, 2 vans, 2 days, 200 miles
Life changing.
I had so much fun. It rained practically the whole time (which wasn't a bad thing) and I didn't really sleep for three days but it was the best. I couldn't wait an entire year to do another one so Las Vegas Ragnar here we come! In November!

Here is van number 1 in our hotel the night before the race.

 I was runner number one so here I am at the start line.  Now, some people might know, but I can be a bit emotional.  I may have started crying at the start line.  The whole spirit there was just too much! The excitement, the unity, the nerves, the thought that it was actually happening.  I couldn't help it. And it wasn't the last time I cried.
 I'm horrible at making sure to take pictures so hopefully I can get some from other team mates but here is amazing runner Heather!!

Just for my own personal records, so I don't forget, I ran 6miles, 5miles, and 3miles. I was able to run along the ocean and see some beautiful scenery.  The last one was actually the  hardest. Probably because I had gone two nights with zero sleep and I had it in my mind that it was going to be super easy. I'm proud of myself and my team. It was an amazing experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment