Team relay race number two!
This one, the Epic, was from Smithfield, Ut to Jackson Hole, Wy.
My team, "All In the Family" was made up mostly of relatives. We did have to adopt a few people though. Again, an awesome experience! My legs of the race were a little harder than Ragnar, it was a bit hotter, and I actually got a little more sleep. My mom and dad followed along for support. My mom was on the team but came down with vertigo the week of the race but still came along.

![]() |
| DONE! |
![]() |
| My parents and me, after my last run. Don't mind the sweat, I'm an animal. |
Then, two weeks after that I ran a half marathon!
I know, summer of running.
Words of encouragement from mom.
![]() |
| Finished! |
My goal for the half was to not walk and to finish. Did it.
My time was 2 hours and 21 minutes. Better than I expected actually. The last mile was the hardest but only because I thought I was already on my last mile (I thought I heard some body say it was) and then saw the 12 mile mark and my body started shutting down. I felt like a zombie during the last 1/2 mile. But, I survived. I even went wake boarding later that day. By day three I wasn't sore anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll run a 1/2 again but I really have no desire to do a full. Yes, I'd love to be able to, but the training that is required sounds awful. Maybe someday though.

The weekend of my 1/2 was also the weekend that Ben's family had our annual boating trip. My father-in-law was finally talked in to buying a boat so we spent the weekend at Bear Lake. The kids loved the beach and the boat.
So, we had a really busy and fun summer. Ben spent two weeks in CA at a vet clinic in Santa Rosa. It's a possible clinic for an internship, if he chooses to do one. His possibilities are almost endless so we're just trying to decide which road to take. He has loved 4th year so far, it's been busy but he loves being able to do the hands-on work finally. Our time in Pullman has gone by a lot faster than I thought it would. I don't like thinking about leaving our friends that we've made here.












the epic relay went right through my tiny little town (alpine, population 550....)! wonder how I missed seeing the runners? being pregnant makes me miss running, but then being not pregnant makes me feel guilty if I don't run. how the heck do you run at such high elevation?? oh, and your 1/2? beast! I have done both full and half, and while there is that crazy part of me that wants to do another full, half is SO the way to go.
ReplyDeleteYou made it through the half! You're awesome!
ReplyDelete