I know I have a lot of updates to make but I just have a few things on my mind.
I was talking with a good friend last night and
we started talking about the pressures that women/moms
have these days.
For instance, when she had her baby she wasn't
able to produce enough milk to breast feed and she felt
so guilty and then other people made her feel like she was
a horrible mother for feeding formula. Anyway, I was just
thinking, why do we do this to ourselves and others?
The judging and the guilt. It doesn't make anyone a better person.
Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of this as I'm sure everyone is.
We have enough on our minds to make ourselves feel inadequate,
we shouldn't turn around and do it to others.
It's hard not to look at someone else that seems to have it all together
and not put yourself down.
We never really know what is going on with someone else.
Sure I try to look like I'm calm, cool, and collected when my child
is running crazy.
But really I'm about to explode inside.
But I don't want people to know that ;)
Anyway, basically I think we (myself included) need to do more pulling others up than
pushing down.
I don't know why this subject is weighing so heavy on my mind.
My parenting philosophy is
you just have to do what makes you a better mother.
There is a lot of "expert" advise out there
but nobody knows you or your children better than you.
I'm grateful that I have so many amazing friends that are such great
examples to me. They make me want to be a better person.
A better mother.
A better wife.
Isn't that really what we all want?
It's been a great adventure-filled summer but I'm excited to be back in Pullman.
I was talking with a good friend last night and
we started talking about the pressures that women/moms
have these days.
For instance, when she had her baby she wasn't
able to produce enough milk to breast feed and she felt
so guilty and then other people made her feel like she was
a horrible mother for feeding formula. Anyway, I was just
thinking, why do we do this to ourselves and others?
The judging and the guilt. It doesn't make anyone a better person.
Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of this as I'm sure everyone is.
We have enough on our minds to make ourselves feel inadequate,
we shouldn't turn around and do it to others.
It's hard not to look at someone else that seems to have it all together
and not put yourself down.
We never really know what is going on with someone else.
Sure I try to look like I'm calm, cool, and collected when my child
is running crazy.
But really I'm about to explode inside.
But I don't want people to know that ;)
Anyway, basically I think we (myself included) need to do more pulling others up than
pushing down.
I don't know why this subject is weighing so heavy on my mind.
My parenting philosophy is
you just have to do what makes you a better mother.
There is a lot of "expert" advise out there
but nobody knows you or your children better than you.
I'm grateful that I have so many amazing friends that are such great
examples to me. They make me want to be a better person.
A better mother.
A better wife.
Isn't that really what we all want?
It's been a great adventure-filled summer but I'm excited to be back in Pullman.


I completely agree!
ReplyDelete