Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday, Visitors, & Carousels



First, I love love love this picture.
Look at the chins on that boy.
So cute.


A little late, but this was for Kharisma's birthday.
Just another day at the beach.
My brothers and some friends came to stay for the weekend, Kharisma
loved getting the attention from her uncles.

We finally found the carousel we read about... too bad Kharisma hated it.

We're having a great time here, Ben is enjoying his time at the vet clinic. It's not all fun and games though. When you're staying somewhere for an entire month you still have to do some laundry and cleaning. Plus, with Ben being gone a lot now that his externship has started I'm stuck with limited things to do. We usually go to the playground down the street but with no one there to talk to or for Kharisma to play with (although she tries to play with any kids she can) it's getting a little old. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful here and I'm thankful for this opportunity, but it will be nice to be back home in Pullman.

Which brings me to a question I have for all my mom friends with two or more kids.

So, Kharisma and Willum have been sharing a room since we've been gone and it has gone surprisingly well. Willum wakes up usually only once in the night and doesn't even wake up Kharisma. With Kharisma's growing collection of toys I've been thinking, when we get home maybe I'll move Willum into Kharisma's room and have them share so that the other room can be a play room and all the toys can be in there instead of spread throughout the apartment.

So, opinions please.
Is it easier to have kids in one room that is just for sleeping/clothes and toys in another?
OR
Is it worth toys spread everywhere so that each child can sleep in their own room?

6 comments:

  1. I love having our kids share a room and the toys separate and if it already is working, I'd run with it.

    PS. We miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three kids in one room! I'm all for a separate playroom. Seriously, a sanity saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, that picture of Willum cracks me up! He's getting so chunky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they are sleeping well together, I would keep them together! Hank and Charlie keep each other up, but I would love if they slept in the same room! I miss my neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about the play room - Elaine and Joyce are in the same room now - and they laugh, talk, chat at night (and sometimes Joyce tries to freak Elaine out by saying "Monster... Monster... Monster") but it's so worth having a playroom - it's so much easier to keep the mess level to a sane level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plus if they stay up late talking - they sleep in late, which is nice

    ReplyDelete