Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Late Christmas Post

So... I'm a bit late with this. We had a really fun Christmas this year, lots of time with family and overall everything went really well. The drive there and back was long of course but we were safe and the weather cooperated. I didn't take very many pictures, I always forget to because I'm usually too busy to think about it and everyone else takes pictures. But here is one at my parents house on Christmas morning.

I broke down and got Ben a puppy... I was tired of being the "mean wife" and always crushing his spirit. So now we have little Lily, I felt like a traveling circus on the way home from Utah with our cat and dog. Lily is cute... but that's were the positive comments end. Kharisma really loves her though. I'm a little worried, having already used the puppy card and don't have anything to bribe Ben with when I want another baby... after this one of course. Maybe a new gun. Oops, used that one already too. (My parents got him a new gun)
The three weeks flew by quickly and before we knew it we were back on the road to Pullman. I miss Utah and all the good that comes with it, such as, how quickly the roads are cleared after it snows, the many varieties of restaurants, the fact that the roads use the grid system so finding an address just based on numbers is super easy to find and the blocks are square and normal, all of our friends back home, and of course, our families. Maybe someday we'll be back to stay.
While there I got to do some painting at Ben's parents' house. I painted some murals in the play room, which was really fun. But, I didn't take any pictures. Can't wait to have a house that I can paint. I also went snowboarding with Ben and my mom... probably not a super idea at 6 months pregnant but I was glad to get some runs in at least once this season. I was a bit sore after but it was well worth it, even if I was awkward and slow.
It was so good to see family, but it's also good to be home and back to our routine, I'm much more productive that way.

1 comment:

  1. you can still my pictures on facebook i don't have one of the owl but I can take one if you want

    ReplyDelete