The past week I've been making some changes around our apartment (hence the title.) I decided that this time around--pregnancy speaking--I was going to be prepared, as in, having the house the way I wanted it. First time around, we brought our newborn home to a construction zone basically. I knew when we bought our house we had about three years in it before we would be moving and we had the entire house to remodel and fix up. You'd think we would've gotten started right away so we could enjoy a finished house for awhile... well, no, that didn't happen. We basically waited until I was pregnant to start really getting things done. So I spent my pregnancy ripping up carpet, wallpaper, walls... whatever. Painting and plastering. It was a little stressful to say the least. So, like I said, this time around I want to be prepared and get things done casually and while I can still move. My project this week as been to combine the craft room and the office. I had to put a few things on Craigslist that were just in the way and not being used and try to make better use of our space. (As a first time Craigslist user I was surprised how fast everything went.) As of tonight, I'm finished! And with my parents arriving in just a few days, they now have an empty room to stay in.
Just a few pictures of my hard work. I found a new-old chair at the thrift store and of course I re-upholstered it (one of my favorite things to do) and it goes perfectly with my cute little sewing table.
I know things still look a little cluttered but there really is some rhyme and reason to the madness.
My adorable sewing table. Our bookcases and shoved up against them, our gigantic beanbags that are in the way. Luckily we are sending one home with my parents. So, everything is still sort of a tight fit but that's okay. The thought did cross my mind that the baby could share a room with Kharisma so I didn't have to give up my space, but I quickly came to my senses. Well, hopefully I can continue being productive while I'm still able!


The space looks very functional good job! I've never really sewed before, but think that's a hobby that I need to get into soon:) Miss you!
ReplyDelete