Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bargain!!

Just found a great bargain and so excited about it I decided to blog about it. So, the local Wal-Mart is moving from Moscow, about ten minutes away, to a brand new SUPER Wal-Mart here in Pullman. Because of this, the current store is getting rid of everything in the store. All the display stuff included. I was there the other day and happened to walk by a vacuum... I of course wasn't there for a vacuum but the first thing that caught my attention was... yes, the color.
Aww... green. Stopped me right in my tracks. Come to find out, this green baby was 50% off, making it only $60 instead of $120. We've been talking about needing a new vacuum but it wasn't top on our list of needs. I texted Ben in class, simply saying: "Call me ASAP" which I knew probably wasn't the best thing to write because I know if it was me getting that text I would immediately wonder who died. But it did get him to call back quickly. After I reassured him that everything was fine, I told him about my great find to see if he approved. He gave me the go-ahead and we are now the proud owners of an Eurka vacuum! There was a downside... it was a display model so it was dirty, nothing a little scrubbing couldn't handle and there were a few attachment pieces that the clips were broke but with Ben's creative little brain, we fixed it. Good as new. Check out the sweet duster on the side. Just turn the knob while the vacuum is on and it's sucked clean of dust. Now maybe I'll be more motivated to dust.




Other exciting things in the Dixon household. Kharisma goes potty! On the toilet! Okay, so she just knows that "potty" means you sit on the toilet. We've been randomly sitting her on the toilet and she thinks it's great fun. The other day though, she grunted (her usual signal that she's trying to poop) and then looked at me and patted her diaper and said "Potty!" all cute and sweet and then ran to the bathroom. I sat her on the toilet and she went! Super exciting. I clapped and sang and danced... you know, everything to make her think it was a big deal. We left it for dad to see when he got home. Isn't that what everybody wants to be shown when they get home? She actually did it again today... she thinks it's so exciting. Don't worry, I don't have lofty dreams of her being potty trained before she's two... we are just getting her comfortable with the toilet. I actually don't care how long she's in diapers and I'm in no hurry to get her out of them. I use cloth so I'm not buying them. I don't want potty training to be a stress so I'm fine waiting until she comes to me wanting real underwear because the other kids at school are making fun of her. But it's still exciting, and a bit sad to think about her growing up! Oh, and she's oh-so-cute sitting on the toilet. Sorry, no photo yet.

Also, my family came up this past weekend! My parents, sister, and one of my best friends, Kylie. It was so good to see them and wish they could've stayed longer. Christmas break is just around the corner though so we'll see everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment