Okay, I hesitate putting these up because I'm not especially proud of them. I know there is potential here and I may just end up making new ones next year. Anyway, there are my attempts at old-sweater Easter baskets that I found from the blog called Resweater. I only got to Ben's and Kharisma's and then because of my aggressive sewing my needle broke. These are suppose to have handles but I didn't get to them. The first one is Ben's... it's a bit floppy and I know the little eggs on the side would've been cuter if I had hand stitched them on but I was pressed for time so I ended up hot gluing them. So, what it comes down to is some sad looking baskets that with a little more time could be adorable.
My favorite thing though... and one I thought of all by myself... the fabric Easter grass! And so easy, even a caveman could do it! JoAnn's sells little bundles of fabric and I found one with all green fabric. All I had to do is shred it. It turned out super cute, and it's not as annoying as the plasticy grass stuff. (At least I think it's super cute)
Cute enough for two pictures...


The fabric grass is very creative! I use Spanish moss and it's very messy. Cute idea!
ReplyDeleteI also like the grass. Your baskets weren't all that bad... but look on the bright side, you've got a year before the next Easter. How's that for time.
ReplyDelete