Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tie-Dyed Eggs... as in the ties you wear

We found a new hip way to color eggs this year, thanks to an email from Parenting Magazine. First, you find old ties, scarfs, or blouses; they must be 100% silk in order to work. Cut the silk into squares that can fit over the eggs. Wrap the eggs tightly in the silk and use a twisty-tie or string to keep it tight. Then do the same thing with another material, like a pillowcase or a t-shirt. Next you boil the eggs in water with 1/4 cup of vinegar. Boil for 20 minutes and then un-wrap when they are cool enough to touch. The idea is that the pattern will transfer to the shell.

The ones I saw on the internet worked a lot better but I guess these are okay for the first time.







And here is my little Easter bunny... oh so cute!




2 comments:

  1. I love that egg idea! I'm going to have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelli. You are too creative. I feel such pressure being your friend. I need to step my game up. You rock!

    ReplyDelete