I absolutely love being able to stay home with Kharisma, but staying home is far from what we do. Here is a sneak peek into a typical (or ideal) week/day.
This semester I've had the goal of getting up when Ben does --around 6AM--
and be showered/dressed/ready for the day
(including having Ben's lunch packed)
before
Kharisma wakes up.
Doesn't always happen but that's the beauty of being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom)
I'm FLEXIBLE!
So, Kharisma is usually up by 7 or 7:30
Breakfast @ 8
Dressed ready to go before 9
Around 10:30, Kharisma's morning nap
NOON Lunch of course
Around 1 0r 2 snooze time again
3:00 An afternoon snack a.k.a. Milk Time for Baby
4:00 Think about/start preparing dinner (depending on how much time is needed)
5:00 I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home!
5:30 Dinner Time
Immediately followed by BATH time for baby (6ish)
AFTER Kharisma is bathed/lotioned/diapered/pj-ed up/kissed Dad goodnight
and nurse her once more
and rock her to sleep.
The only time she ever snuggles.
THEN, Ben and I hang out doing whatever, which is usually watching a movie. Sometimes he goes back to school to study like he is suppose to.
Ideally, 9:00 PM is bedtime, but that's pretty flexible as well.
Depending on the day...
Monday~ 9:00 Aerobics class! Started in January, it's at the church, a nursery for the kids, and I finally get a work out... goodbye mom bod? I hope. Now, on a good week I'll have a menu for the week planned and go grocery shopping after aerobics and Kharisma will nap while we're shopping.
Tuesday~ 9:00 Walking group... great time to visit with friends while being active!
Wednesday~ 9:30 Mother Goose Time @ the library... way cute and the Liberian is amazing!
Thursday~ 9:00 Aerobics again and at 7:30 PM it's a girls night of knitting with Knit Wits, very relaxing and much fun is had by all.
Friday~ 9:00 Walking group again and @ 10 hopefully we'll be starting up Play Group at the church again... I'm actually in charge, just waiting for a key!
Saturday~ 10:00 Swimming class... Kharisma loves the water and looks extremely cute in her little swim suite. I've also tried to make a habit of Saturday chores... the deep cleaning stuff. Usually I just appreciate it if Ben plays with Kharisma while I get it all done.
Sunday~ Rest and Relaxation... Oh, yeah, and church :) I try to make a big breakfast (that's my secret to getting Ben out of bed... sshhh)
There you have it.
Once again, this schedule is very flexible.
I usually throw in a few more play dates and visits w/friends, including late night Wii-ing
But
that's basically
A Day in the Life
of
ME


Wow, sounds like you're keeping things busy which is always good!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I would add: Eating a quesadilla with Kate and Max at least once a week. :)
ReplyDeleteWell Kel... You've done it. You have everything everyone wants. I want to grow up and have knitting and walking groups and I want my little baby to be perfect and I want everything to be just as cute and lovely as it is for you. If I wrote a day in the life of me... well... exactly. Lame. I'm lame. But good job! I knew you wouldn't be completely hopeless out there on your own.
ReplyDelete