Monday, September 26, 2011

6 months

Oh, my little Willum.
6 months
It feels like he's been with us forever though. I'd give his 6 month stats but when I went for his check up I was just five minutes late and they told me I was too late for the appointment. Plus, she said, even if I was on time they couldn't give his shots because he wasn't quite six months yet. He would be, the next day. Instead she scheduled another appointment in two weeks... if I were the complaining type I would've complained to someone. After all, they're the ones that made the appointment in the first place. Instead I just vented to my good friend that understands my pain :) Five minutes late is good for getting both kids ready in the morning. Anyway, enough. Willum is probably 21 or 22 lbs now and I just started giving him some baby cereal... as much as I dread the messy time-consuming task of feeding babies I thought it was about time. Although I'm quite proud that he reached his great stature on breast milk exclusively for six months. Liquid gold. That's what I produce.

I refer to Willum as a little old man because he is so set in his ways. 7 pm sharp he starts getting cranky and wants to go to bed. I love it. His sister hates sleep... until she's actually asleep then she doesn't wake up. He takes two naps a day, morning and afternoon and then sleeps all night except for a quick snack around 3am.

We took him camping over the weekend. He was a champ.
Willum seriously melts my heart. I think it's so exciting to watch babies grow and become little people. He's already crawling. Well, a crawling scooting type thing, but he sure gets around. I discovered today that I can no longer let him nap on my bed.
(Warning: bad mom confession)
Yeah... he fell off.
Good thing my bed is only about a foot off the ground. Usually he makes noise when he wakes up but today I just heard what I guess was him rolling against the closet doors. As soon as I picked him up he smiled at me so don't go calling CPS on me :)

The two kids thing is getting easier. Still haven't mastered grocery shopping with them yet, probably never will. I love watching the two interact. I hope they become best friends. I keep telling them they are!

the end

4 comments:

  1. I think each of my kids have fallen off of my bed at some point as a baby. My mom says babies bounce and it's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Willum! He is such a cutie. Always so happy! Your secret is safe with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry his dad crawled of the bed at three months and it was a tall bed, I found him under the bed

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how adventurous you are. you make me laugh! but i would have been mad about that appt too!

    ReplyDelete